The Norfolk Athletics Network aims to support clubs and coaches in order to improve community opportunities and raise the standards of athletics. It is focused on club, coach and athlete development and has four primary objectives aligned with those of England Athletics.
a) Grow and sustain participation levels.
b) Improve the quality of experience for all participants.
c) Improve levels of athlete performance.
d) Lay the foundations for the next generation of champions.
The Network provides a platform for clubs within the area to work together more formally and also to work with other non athletic partners (e.g. education, local authorities) for mutual benefit.
The Network follows a development plan which is updated annually. This action plan represents the developmental requirements of the Network whilst complementing the objectives of England Athletics.
- A county-wide programme of coach development sessions, where clubs work together to host events, use mentors and cascade development from NCDP and LCDPs.
- Strengthening and developing school-club links.
- Increasing numbers of coaches and progression of coach development.
- Addressing gaps in the county where there is lack of provision for athletics.
- Addressing gaps in numbers of qualified officials.
- Setting up a group of suitable service providers and associates.
Several of our documents need to be downloaded in PDF format if you haven't got the appropriate software you can download it here: